The most anticipated event of the year is getting closer and closer and I thought I would take this opportunity to share with my dear readers somethings that you can do in the city during this festive season.
If you’re reading this and it’s NOT Sinulog anymore, don’t worry, I tried my best to make this listacle pretty current and as year round as possible!
So here it goes:
- ENJOY THE CITY LIGHTS AT LA VIE IN THE SKY – while the parties are mostly going to be on the streets, taking it to new heights doesn’t sound like a bad idea. La Vie Parisienne’s second branch, which is located in the mountains of the city, offers a great view, a wide variety of wines & food to pair it with.I haven’t been there personally, as I haven’t been to most of the places on this list (since they’re all pretty new and I just haven’t had the time!) but as soon as I do, I will definitely write about it on this blog. <3
- SOAK UP IN THE SUN AT CEBU’S NEWEST PINK BEACH, HAPPY BEACH! I may not be there physically but spiritually I’m on the beach sipping on an Amaretto sour or something of the like on the happiest beach in Cebu. If you’re reading this in the afternoon of the 18th and you’re looking for plans, Happy Beach is currently throwing an awesome party featuring our amazing local artists.On any other day, Happy Beach is still a great place to chill, get some sun and shoot for your instagram feeds. hehe.
- BRING OUT THE KID IN YOU AT ANJO WORLD– it’s an amazing time to be alive because Cebu FINALLY has a theme park! Bring your kids or be a kid at Cebu’s newest theme park, Anjo world! They’re also celebrating Sinulog by bringing in tribal themed performances and the like- sounds fuuuun!
4. EXPLORE THE WILD AT CEBU SAFARI! Not only do we have a theme park, but we also have a zoo that we can finally brag about now! I personally love this place and liken it to the Singapore Zoo but better because it’s Filipino. hehe. It’s a pretty huge space so make sure to come prepared- as prepared as they are for the Sinulog season!
5. EAT REALLY GOOD FOOD! Cebu is known for a lot of things, most especially our great food! For sure you’re already having lechon (I suggest Talisay’s lechon or House of Lechon) but lately I’ve been thinking about burgers and my inability to eat them and so I would like to pass on the envy and privilege to you, my dear able eating friends.
There are 3 places that I’ve been dying to try out/ re-visit lately: D&M cafe, Weekend Burger & 21 South. I believe that there is room in the world (and in my stomach) for more than one burger and I also believe that I will have a cheat day this weekend so I can eat a burger. YAY!
6. GET A SINULOG/ SOUVENIR SHIRT AT ISLAND SOUVENIRS – No Sinulog experience is complete without a commemorative tshirt! When it comes to souvenir shirts, I always like to go to Islands because of their trendy designs and great choices.
This year they allowed me to DIY my own headdress which was actually a lot of fun. Didn’t think mine would come out looking this great but I was def surprised.
7. PARTY IT OUT WITH AIR ASIA– This year Air Asia is sending over an amazing line up and throwing us Cebuano’s an awesome party… FOR FREE!
Listen to great music and end the night with an amazing fireworks display on January 20, 2019 (Sunday)
8. CATCH DADA LIFE & KID INK AT PLUS 63 – International artists will be gracing us this weekend and I am soo excited to party it up and dance my feet off!
Plus, Cebu’s most beloved local DJ’s will also be performing and we all know that they’re THE BEST!
9. SAY A PRAYER AT THE Basilica Del Sto Niño- Filipinos are extremely religious and it wouldn’t be Sinulog without our beloved St. Niño.
If you’re not exactly religious, I would still recommend dropping by to see how moving the masses & influx of people are. On any other day, it’s still a great experience!
10. ENJOY THE STREET DANCES, FLOATS AND PARTIES ON THE STREETS ON CEBU!
Sinulog is one Cebuano tradition we all want to go on and on, so we’ve captured its essence, glamour, and beauty in this video — with a newly remixed version of the traditional Sinulog song! Watch and be proud! Cebuano pride!Starring:Medyo MalditoSnake PrincessJomie Hospital 2.0Malaya MacaraegMeunnie Cullantes – Mayman ka dhaiSteffi JardinDodong DaveDavid Wilde xAlem GarciaSARAH D.Shaila Rebortera Jake & Jomar CanenciaUniversity of Cebu Dance TroupeSpecial Thanks to:Ramon Aboitiz Foundation, Inc.Basilica Minore del Santo Niño de Cebu Casa Gorordo MuseumYap Sandiego Ancestral HouseCebu City Parks and PlaygroundsCouncilor Dave TumulakFr. Pacifico Nohara, Jr.Dr. Librado MacarayaFlorencio MoreñoVal SandiegoChang Euldan's Photographic StudioMake-up by Charles FranciscoWardrobe and Costumes by:Sandiego Dance Arts StudioBree EsplanadaBrianna Alexis GomezStyling by Paul John Adolfo YuSong performed by:Malaya MacaraegVincent EcoKubra CommanderBudoy MarabilesCattski EspinaLourdes MaglinteOriginal song by Dandin Ranillo and Mike HanopolMusic produced by Carlisle MusicVideo produced by BAI TVProject Management by Republiq Group of Companies#SinulogfortheWorld #Sinulog2019
Posted by Sinulog Foundation Inc. on Thursday, January 10, 2019
HAVE AN AMAZING & SAFE SINULOG, EVERYONE!