I’ve been picking up a new hobby lately- cooking. I’m pretty late in the game though as I guess most men & women learn how to cook at a pretty early age. On most days, I still have a hard time figuring out how to cook rice. But it’s been an interesting journey so far and I wanted to share a favorite dish of our which was surprisingly easy to make- the Breakfast Burrito.
I got this recipe of Pinterest and I thought that I would share it with all of you!
Tortilla Wrap Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (+ flour to coat)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Mix flour, salt, water and oil in a big bowl.
- Place mixture on a floured surface and knead it around 10 times while adding bits of flour & water to the mixture until you’ve achieve a smooth dough.
- Leave mixture for a few minutes. (I suggest watching one of my VLOGS in the meantime!)
- Divide dough into 6-8 portions, depending on how thick/ big you want your wrap to be.
- On a floured surface, roll each portion into a 7- in circle.
* note: I suggest adding flour every now and then to your floured surface to avoid it getting too sticky. Also, it’s a good idea to add flour to your rolling pin as well. If you don’t have a rolling pin, a large glass still works- but it will hurt!
Cooking your tortilla
- In a large skillet, add a small amount of cooking oil or lightly spray your skillet with oil. Cook tortilla for about a minute or until each side is slightly brown.
* note: I made my wraps a night before so I could sleep in in the morning.
Breakfast Burrito Fillings
- 6 eggs (1 for each wrap I was able to make)
- 1/2 large onion (finely chopped)
- 3 medium sized tomatoes (finely chopped)
- 1/2 large bell pepper (cut into thin slices)
- A splash of milk
optional: ham or whatever meat you would want to add
- In a bowl mix eggs, a splash of milk and tomatoes. Add salt & pepper to the mixture and scramble. (You’re basically making an omelette). Set aside.
- In a pan under medium heat, saute onions and bell pepper in oil until onions become translucent. Then add egg mixture. Cook like you would any regular egg.
- Once eggs are done cooking, set that aside. In the same pan, cook bacon/ meat of your choice.
- Lay your tortilla wrap on a flat surface.
- Add a portion of eggs, followed by a thin layer of ketchup and your meat of choice.
- Wrap tortilla and secure tight by adding some ketchup to the ends.
- Place on white sheets with perfect lighting for an awesome instagram post. HAHA!
Seriously, if I can make this… then so can you!
Tag me on @issaplease (IG/ FACEBOOK) if you ever decide to make this <3