1. Just because everyone you know is either getting pregnant, engaged or married (in any particular order) doesn’t mean you have to, too. It just means that you are choosing a different course in life and that’s ok!
2. Your 20’s are your selfish years and it’s the best time for you to figure out who you are and who you’re supposed to be. Try out a bunch of jobs and don’t feel bad if you get fired at least once, it’s character building; take some time off to travel, spend all your money but try to earn it back; move out- EXPLORE THE WORLD AND ALL YOUR POSSIBILITIES WHILE YOU STILL HAVE THE CHANCE TO.
3. At 25, you don’t need to have your own car or your own house BUT good for you if you do. You just need to be able to have money in the bank, insurance and you have to be able to pay the bills. You will spend the rest of your life trying to support a family so take care of yourself now, the future will take care of itself.
4. Be nice to your enemies. It pisses them off.
5. You will meet so many people by the time you turn 25 and by this time you will already be able to recognize the real ones from the fake. It’s OK to be disposable with people and to just “play nice” for the sake of being civil- that’s what you call being an adult. If you care too much, you will lose and you’ll only be stressing yourself out because the reality is: nobody gives a fuck so suck.it.up.
6. We were raised to believe that life happens in this order: you are born, you get an education, you get a job, get married, have kids, slave all your life to provide for your children and then you die. But the reality is, life can happen in any order you want and each path has it’s own pros and cons, i’s rewards and lessons to learn. Choose your own adventure!
7. Don’t worry so much about money and stop saying that it’s impossible to make it. If there is a will, there’s a way. .
8. Spend time with your family. It can be hard to understand them at times but family is everything. One day you’ll have a family of your own and your children will also think you are crazy and I guess the world is just fair like that. While you don’t have kids of your own, look at how people raise their kids and slowly to think of how you would want to raise your family one day. It gives you a better perspective about life and you can always learn from other people’s mistakes or victories.
9. Contrary to popular belief, MOM IS NOT ALWAYS RIGHT, but she will have her moments. As you grow older, you will somehow know things that she does not know but that doesn’t mean you should love her any less. Try to understand her, be her friend and give time to talk to her- you will never regret it. Trust me on this one.
10. There is no specific way to act at any age so fuck it when people tell you “act your age”. Dress the way you want to dress, act the way you want to act and if people have a problem with that then you can always find new ones. Embrace your weirdness, weird is the new cool.
11. People don’t need to like you, you’re not a Facebook status.
12. Don’t feel bad when people call you a “jack of all trades but a master of none” in a condescending tone. It just shows that you’re not afraid to try out new things and you don’t limit yourself to just one thing.
13. Life is so short to just do one thing for the rest of your life so do everything you love now and you will never have to look back in 50 years and say, “I wish I would’ve done that.”
14. Don’t try too hard to be someone you’re not. People can see right through that. And yes, taking pictures of other peoples food or things does make you look like a social climber. Just putting that out there…
15. Wear what you want to a night club. Ditch the body con or all black club uniform for what you think is comfortable even if it’s a pair of sneakers. By the end of the night, everyone will be drunk and their feet will hurt but you could probably still run a marathon.
16. Love wholeheartedly and don’t be afraid to get your heart broken, that’s how you learn and prepare yourself for the right person. Look for companionship over sex, wealth and looks. Although all those other things are great, you need to find someone you can be 80 years old with and still have amazing conversations with. Look for someone who supports you, understands you and even if you hate the way they breathe; you know you can’t live without the sound of him wheezing all throughout the night.
17. Don’t do illegal drugs, they are illegal for a reason.
18. Take care of your health. I heard that in a few years parts of your body you never thought would hurt will start to hurt and that thought is scary. Also, medicine is expensive but a quick jog is free.
19. Listen to your friends and try to understand them even if they don’t always make sense. They do the same for you and you’re pretty hard to deal with, too.
20. Love yourself. You are far from perfect and there is always something about yourself you would like to change but do know that insecurity is a universal feeling. Own it and make it work for you. Even the most confident people in the world wish they were something they were not. That is life.
21. Success isn’t measured by the amount of money you currently have in the bank. Stop secretly competing against other people and focus on your goals and what you need to do to achieve them. Be your own person.
22. Haters gon’ hate, potatoes gon’ potate.
23. Believe in beginners luck and abuse the fuck out of that shit.
24. Never judge another person’s fashion blog because fashion is subjective. Fashion is an expression of who are you so if you don’t like a specific style simply don’t follow them but do acknowledge them for even having the balls to document it. Posing in front of a camera isn’t as easy as it looks.
25. Always be the light that never ceases to burn out.
So on point!!!!
Glad you agree! <3